Sunday, July 10, 2005

Shtibel with a view

I spent Shabbat with relatives at a bungalow colony named Har Nof, at Kameisha Lake, New York. An interesting experience, that's for sure. It rained all of Friday, which is also a new summer experience for me.

And I found a fragment of a Hebrew manuscript in the binding of a book. It was an Artscroll siddur, and the page was from an Artscroll haggadah. Proof that certain practices are universal, and that the re-use of Hebrew manuscripts as bindings was not a manifestation of anti-Semitism.

Hoping to get back to real manuscripts by Monday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also found some random German paper in the binding of my great-grandfather's Hebrew-German siddur, and a German newspaper in the binding of some old book about Jewish history written in German. So there ya have it.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home