Thursday, June 07, 2007

Shavua ha-Sefer

The Hebrew Book Fair is taking place in Israel now. I'm not there, so I don't know much about it, but I'm getting some reports. I just looked at the Machon Yerushalayim catalogue for the fair, and noticed that they are offering - though it isn't actually available yet - the first part of a new edition of Shut ha-Rif, the responsa of R. Isaac Alfasi. Widely known for his Halakhot Rabbati, Alfasi also penned many responsa. Some of them have been published in different editions, and others remain unpublished. Machon Ofeq announced two years ago that they were about to publish a new edition, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside. I don't know anything about this new edition, but I hope that 1) it actually does turn up, and 2) that it contains new material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home